Skip to main content

Susannah B. (25) and Johnny S. (31), dating one year

Six months after moving to Los Angeles, I started online dating. Not necessarily because I really wanted to find the guy, I just wanted to go on dates because they were so funny. There were cases when I was going to meet two or three people a week. It was without success. I often met people who I really never interested in. But I met a bunch of really interesting, wonderful guys with whom I still communicate - it's hard to be real friends, but we are very friendly. I set a few guys out with my friends.
Johnny was the one who first sent me a message, and initially, I never answered to him. Then he was ready to quit online dating, and, as a last effort, he sent me a message, for example: "Hey, I'm leaving, but I would like to chat you again and see if you are interested to date with me. Send me a text if you're interested." I actually answered, because I looked at his profile and saw that he was Australian, and who doesn't want to meet the Australian chick?!
So we agreed to meet, but we had to reschedule it a few times. It wasn't a priority because at that moment I saw so many random people. And when I finally met Johnny on a first date, I did it so many times and was so busy that I didn't even know his name. I walked into the restaurant where we met, and I had to check my iPhone, for example: "Who the hell is this guy?"
He invited me to dinner, how truly courageous first-date move, and it ended very well. We had such a great time, after that we went to about seven different bars.
We talked for hours, and it was so good. About two weeks that we ate lunch at the restaurant in Brooklyn when I realized that I was so passionate about him.It was the first time I was just passing through as I was on all these dates with other guys. That's when I started throwing the hammer, for example, Yo, this profile is better because it's either only me or none of me.
Around this time was his birthday and I bought him a bonsai tree, another a courageous step for a new pair. He's felt obligated to keep the tree alive since then. This is a good, growing symbol of our relationship.
He likes to wheel up different scenarios, where we could meet offline For example, there was a couple Super Bowl two years ago, and we understand that we were both there. Or we lived very close to each other in one area, and all the time went to one restaurant, but never crossed paths.

online dating success match

Comments

Carl said…
I'm online and wanna go on date with success too! ;)