Skip to main content

Mary Gilbert (25) and James Gilbert (38), married

How we started online dating, it was really a lucky accident. I haven't changed my location settings, so James made his way there because we lived 50 miles from each other. So, we had a match, but none of us took it seriously. James gave me a message and we chatted for a while, and we just got it, all the baggage, right now so we can see whether it is necessary to speak. I gave him my phone number and he said to me: "Hello, Hannah, this is James. And I said: "Who's James?" as a joke. And that's all. We were talking in the non-stop way and we went on our first date 5 days later. We went a camping trip, and we put wine in bottles for water and made a little picnic at the end of the trip.

None of us were looking for anything too serious, but we continued to date regularly, and it just happened, even if we didn't notice. I have a son from a previous relationship Jeremy, he was 3 years old at the time - and they met and just hit it off. I knew from day one that I really like James. It was great because I couldn't get out a lot - I could go out, maybe once a week if I had a nanny. And You will not meet anyone in a bar if you are a mother. So he saved me from many troubles.

Just Married
He proposed five months, but we talked about it for months. He met my son, so we had to ask: "Can we have a future?" Whether to meet and build the relationship with Jeremy? We decided that it was worth it. I don't know what I did to deserve this, but I just go with it. I am so happy.

Comments